Bank of America US Open & U23/Junior National Team Trials
March 22 - 23, 2014
Fast & Clean
Elite slalom paddlers strive for precision and speed on the legendary Nantahala Falls course at this classic southeastern race. Meanwhile, wildwater racers compete in sprint and classic components on the Nantahala River.
Spectators are invited to enjoy the show from the Forest Service walkway along the Nantahala Falls, which affords excellent views of both races. Bring a cup of fresh coffee or hot cocoa from River's End Restaurant, llocated just downstream of the race course, and warm your hands as you enjoy US whitewater racing at its best!
U23 & Junior National Slalom Team Trails
In 2014, the US Open also serves as the final qualification for the National US Slalom U23 and Junior Teams. Athletes competing in these age groups have the chance to qualify for the final available spot in each class.
2014 Slalom Schedule
|Friday, March 21||Time||Location|
|Check-In / Late Registration||3:00-5:00pm||Big Wesser BBQ + Brew
|Open Practice||12:30-2:30pm||Nantahala Falls|
|Course Construction||2:00-5:00pm||Nantahala Falls|
|Demo Runs||5:30pm||Nantahala Falls|
|Saturday, March 22||Time||Location|
|Competitor's Meeting / Bib Pick-Up||9:00am||Big Wesser BBQ + Brew
|Slalom 1st Runs||10:00am||Nantahala Falls|
|Slalom 2nd Runs
|Demo Runs||5:00pm||Nantahala Falls|
|Banquet Dinner||6:00pm||Big Wesser BBQ + Brew
|Sunday, March 23||Time||Location|
|Competitor's Meeting||9:00am||Big Wesser BBQ + Brew
|Slalom 1st Runs
|Slalom 2nd Runs
|Awards Ceremony||3:30pm||Big Wesser BBQ + Brew
2014 Wildwater Schedule
|Saturday, March 23||Time||Location|
|Registration||8:00-9:00am||River's End Restaurant
|Competitor's Meeting||10:00am||River's End Restaurant
|Sunday, March 24||Time||Location|
|Competitor's Meeting||10:00am||Ferebee Park
||1:00pm||River's End Restaurant
Online Registration - A $2 Online Processing Fee will be added to Registrations paid by Paypal or credit card.
- $50 for NRC members and $55 for non-members for the first class, $5 for each additional class.
- Register by Wednesday, March 19 to avoid late fees.
- Pre-registration must be received by Wednesday, February 19. After that, competitors must wait to register at Late Registration.
- A $10 Late Fee will be added to Late Registrations.
- $20 for NRC members and $25 for non-members for both Classic & Sprint races.
- One class per competitor for logistical reasons.
- Register Day-of event ONLY! (No Late Registration Fee will be applied) Registration forms will be available at registration.