Promoting and Supporting Whitewater Sport in the United States
The Nantahala Racing Club (NRC) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the promotion and development of whitewater sport in three primary disciplines: slalom, wildwater and freestyle. The club is committed to support paddlers of all ages and abilities attain their personal paddling and life goals in the following ways:
• Providing affordable coaching
• Hosting regional and national-level whitewater competitions
• Maintaining training sites suitable for a variety of disciplines and ability levels
• Organizing outings and events to build club spirit and camaraderie
• Creating a fun, supportive environment for all club members, including athletes, enthusiasts and volunteers
A primary focus of the NRC is supporting athletes in their efforts to represent the United States at international competitions, including the Olympics and World Championships. To this end, NRC works closely with USA Canoe/Kayak, the governing body of canoe and kayak sport in the United States to develop and implement programming for youth and adult paddlers as well as to host a number of important whitewater competitions each year.
NRC consists of whitewater athletes, volunteers, and enthusiasts, and welcomes members of any age or ability level.
Learn More about NRC...